Thursday, December 18, 2008

An end and a begining


Hi all, i know I'm a little late on this entry but i thought i should chime in. The departure from Colorado was an emotional one, i had a bit of a different experience than kindra. My time in evergreen and golden was life changing. Its amazing to think of my arrival there and how different i was. Time brings constant change. i had a lot of time the last couple of weeks before we left to mentally and physically prepare as i was only working part time at the sign shop. This was ok because it gave me time to sort out all the little last minute details of packing, and was able to get the centrifuge working.

Chris and Sue (my employer/best friends) went out of town just before our departure so we said our goodbyes on Wednesday. Margaux(my sis) came up from the springs to see us off and spent the night at Joe and i's place in evergreen. We then gave her a ride back to CC in the morning on our way down I-25....she wanted us all to herself b4 the holiday trip to PA. The morning departure was nutso, last minute throwing random "do we need this, will we want this" stuff in the back of the camper. I held it together until i went to say goodbye to my dog Pardo, and then totally lost it, Joe will take good care of him though. The last 2 and a half years of living with Joe has been a blessing and miracle for both of us i think. I could never have gotten sober w/o a lot of people and powers but especially my dad. He is the man.

We are having a wonderful time here in Arizona with kindras family.The landscape is so new to me, i've never seen the desert, peoples front "yards" have no grass and all cacti w/ Santa's?!! the view of Mt. Lemmon is amazing! I went out for a run the second night we were here and saw the most beautiful sunset, truly magnificent. The actual drive here was good the truck ran great on diesel and it was pretty uneventful. Im a little sad to say that we were unable to do much of the journey to Arizona on veg. i've been having issues with the fuel pressure for a few weeks now and after tireless attempts to figure it out, the time came to go and so we did. i've been doing some fiddling w/ tightening possible air leaks and such to little avail. Everything happens for a reason though and things are just as they should be, kindra and i are safe and happy. We leave for cali on sat, and will only be there a few days, then fly to PA to see the Frank/Smith/Demase clan for Christmas. love you all,
john

No comments: